- French politician who is the president of the National Front (FN), a national-conservative political party in France and one of its main political forces
|Real name:||Marion Anne Perrine Le Pen|
Marine Le Pen Height
|How tall is Marine Le Pen?||175 cm / 5 ft 9 in|
|Born:||05 August 1968 Comment |
|How old is Marine Le Pen in 2021? / Age: ||52 years
|Where was Marine Le Pen born?||Neuilly-sur-Seine, France|
Marine Le Pen Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Marine Le Pen worth?||$275,000,000
|Hair color:||Dyed blonde|
Who is Marine Le Pen? / Facts
- An attorney by profession, she is the youngest daughter of longtime FN leader Jean-Marie Le Pen
- She is the aunt of Marion Maréchal-Le Pen
- Le Pen joined the National Front in 1986 and has been elected as a regional councillor (1998–present), a Member of European Parliament (2004–present), and a municipal councillor in Hénin-Beaumont (2008-2011)
- She was a candidate for the leadership of the FN in 2011 and won with 67.65% (11,546 votes) of the vote, defeating her opponent Bruno Gollnisch and s쳮ding her father Jean-Marie Le Pen, president of the party for nearly forty years
- She then became the second president of the party
- The next year, she placed third in the presidential election with 17.90% of the vote, behind François Hollande and Nicolas Sarkozy
- Described as far more democratic and republican than her nationalist father, she has led a movement of "de-demonization of the Front National" to detoxify it and soften its image, based on renovated positions and renewed teams, also expelling controversial members accused of racism, antisemitism, neo-Nazism, or pétainism including her father
- An important moment was when she said that the Holocaust was the "height of barbarism" while her father had famously said it has been "a detail in the history of World War II"
- She has also relaxed some political positions of the party, advocating for civil unions for same-sex couples instead of her party's previous opposition to legal recognition of same-sex partnerships
- Le Pen was ranked among the most influential people in 2011 and 2015 by the Time 100
- In 2016, she was ranked as second-most influential MEP in the European Parliament by Politico, just behind the President of the European Parliament Martin Schulz
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Marine Le Pen Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 23 February 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!