- Luis Fonsi is a musician from Puerto Rico, holding numerous awards, including a Latin Grammy.
- He is married to Águeda López since 2014, and has 3 children.
- Get to know him better, below.
|Real name:||Luis Alfonso Rodríguez López-Cepero|
Luis Fonsi Height
|How tall is Luis Fonsi?||173 cm / 5 ft 9 in|
|Born:||15 April 1978 Comment |
|How old is Luis Fonsi in 2021? / Age: ||43 years
|Where was Luis Fonsi born?||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|Residence:||Miami, Florida, USA|
Luis Fonsi Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Luis Fonsi worth?||$10,000,000
Who is Luis Fonsi? / Facts
- Journey - Born in Puerto Rico, he moved to the States when he was just 10. He didn't know any English so was a bit reluctant. His father however told him that he ought to be thrilled as he was moving to the same city as Mickey Mouse. His first musical project was a high school band, performing at school events, called Big Guys. The band brought together a lot of talanted young people, one of them being Joey Fatone, from 'N Sync.
- Inspiration - Menudo, the Puero Rican boy band, who got famous in the 80s. Ever since a boy he wanted to become a member in it. The band got disbanded in 2009. Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Marc Anthony and Luis Miguel are also cited as being influencial.
- Lucky - Not only so good looking, Fonsi had also a bit of luck. Or maybe inspiration. He didn't want to rush into singing but rather he realized that the theory is just as important as the practice. So he enrolled at the Florida State University where he studied vocal techniques. It was there that he was discovered by a label executive. The rest is a road to success. He also joined the school choir and later got the chance to sing with the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.
- Aknowledgements - He is a winner of a Latin Grammy award for song ot the year "Aqui Estoy Yo". Was also nominated for another Grammy for "Nada es Para Siempre". He also holds several Premio Lo Nuestro and Premios Juventud. He was also invited to sing in front of the Pope and the US President Barack Obama.
- First album - Comenzare was launched in 1998, and was an instant hit, being nominated by Billboard for the "Revelation artist of the year".
- Hit the spot - He says that onlyafter 8 albums, did he manage to find his style. His personal experience also got him to this place, going through various critical moments, such as his divorce.
- Future - His latest album, 8 released in 2014 marks an important part in his career, a time when he found his style. However he states that acting is becoming more and more appealing to him. He started in Corazones al limite, telenovela from Mexico, and appeared in the Taina series.
- Makes time for social causes - He is the Spanish spokesman for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital from Memphis, USA.
- Family - He has one sister, Tatiana and one brother, Jean, also a singer. He has a child, a girl named Mikaela
- Despacito - The worldwide hit, most viewed video on Youtube, record breaker - more about it here and here
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about Luis Fonsi
- Laura: Hello, how are you? I adore you! (October 25, 2020)
- RAWR: AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! (May 26, 2017)
- Florida State University - USA
- Dr. Phillips High School - Orlando, USA
- "The best songs are written in hours, not days, to share a message with people; to let it all out, without holding back."
- "I have a foundation that’s stable, and I feel secure enough to be honest — on a personal level, but also professionally. Eight albums later, I have found my style."
- "I have evolved as an artist because of the songwriting. It is a huge responsibility, the portal through which people will get to know me."
- "I love to do co-writes. I love to write with completely different people. I think it's great to get out of my comfort zone."
- "There is no such thing as a proper ingredients for a hit. If it was that easy everybody would have a hit."
- "You have to have the basics. You have to have a great performance, great lyrics, great melody. And there has to be magic. That's what we are looking for."
Luis Fonsi Social Media Accounts