- DJ Zinc, born Benjamin Pettit is a British DJ known mostly for his trademark "crack house" style, a fusion of deep house, funky and fidget house.
- Starting mixing in his teens, he went from DJ-ing for pirate radios to headlining major festivals. His journey began with a mix of hip hop and jungle, through drum and bass and finally settling on house.
- Get to know DJ Zinc better, below.
|Real name:||Benjamin Pettit|
|Born:||12 March 1972 Comment |
|How old is DJ Zinc in 2023? / Age: ||51 years
|Where was DJ Zinc born?||London, UK|
DJ Zinc Net worth 2023 (estimated)
|How much is DJ Zinc worth?||Under review|
Who is DJ Zinc? / Facts
- Musical journey - Grew up in Forest Gate, London, with a father that played guitar and his mum piano. However they were not really into music so he found his own path, when he was just 14, first listening to hip hop and jungle and then focusing on what aired on Centreforce Radio, London's largest pirate station. He started focusing on mixing at home, using a casette player and sent demos to pirate stations which got him staring as a DJ in 1991, on UK's impact fm, alongside fellow DJ, Swift, with which he released several compilations titled "Swift & Zinc – Vol 1" spanning all the way to volume 8, on Brain Progression records. He also aired on Rinse fm while still a pirate station and continued in 2011 when it got its license.
- Recognition - His 138 Trak was his major hit and became a "club anthem", but Zinc gained widespread appreciation after releasing, "Super Sharp Shooter" (1995).
- Style - His musical career spans jungle, drum and bass and more recently UK garage and house. He has a strong respect to the old music and never tries to fit into an established genre. That's what got him creating crack house in 2009, a mix of various house blends that couldn't fit into any existing patterns.
- Record label - He released most of his EPs with Rinse. He has over 5 EPs released to date (including "Only for Tonight", "Sprung", "Beats by Design" and "Crack House" vol I and II) and 1 LP ("Faster").
- Own label - In 1996 he had his own label, together with DJ Pascal and DJ Hype, called True Playa’z Music. However he parted ways amicably with the guys in 2006.
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
- If you have any of my music on your hard drive please share it with anyone you think might like it.
- I love festival season.
- I love mixed sets as it can go anywhere.
- I’m not saying that this is how it’s supposed to be, or that everyone should do it that way, that’s just how I do it and it works for me.
- Prejudice is ignorance.
- Usually I just go down to the West End and shop there, that’s where all the somewhat cool stuff is.
DJ Zinc Social Media Accounts