- Disclosure is an electronic music group from the UK, made up of brothers Howard and Guy Lawrence. Their debut album "Settle" released in 2013 shot straight to number 1 in the UK Album Chart and was nominated for a Grammy as the Best Dance Album. Their second album Caracal (2015) had the same path as its predecessor. They are seen as one of the groups that brought house music back on the radio.
- The band is currently on hiatus with a promise to return in 2018.
- Find out more interesting facts about disclosure, below.
|Founders:||Guy Lawrence, Howard Lawrence|
|How old is Disclosure in 2022? / Age: ||12 years
|Where was Disclosure founded?||Reigate, Surrey, UK|
Disclosure Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Disclosure worth?||$3,000,000|
What is Disclosure? / Facts
- Musical journey - Coming from a musical family, with both parents being professional musicians, the kids had all the genetic package to help them on their path. Guy started playing the drums since 3 years old, while Howard started with bass at age 8. Then they learned guitar and piano. Howard is also a singer. While in college, they started to get interested in dubstep, house and techno. They recorded some songs from the gigs they used to go to and then deconstructed them for study. Soon they started making their own and uploaded the tunes to MySpace. This got them a record deal pretty soon, and a UK tour.
- Recognition - They released their first single in 2010 ("Offline Dexterity") followed 2 years later by their first EP, "The Face". Their debut album, "Settle" came out in 2013 and shot straight to the top position in the UK Albums Chart. It was nomainted for the Grammy's Best Dance Album. It was followed by a worldwide tour of more than 40 festivals and gigs Their next album, "Caracal" saw the light of day in 2015 and copied its predecessor's success both as a UK Album Chart number one and as a Grammy nominee for the same category.
- Current status - The duo announced at the beginning of 2017 that it would take a break but promised to return in 2018 with fresh stuff. However they are headlining the Wild-Life Ibiza at DC10 in July and August 2017.
- Collaborations - Their hit single Latch (2012), featuring Sam Smith got them over 200m views on their YouTube channel. They also released songs with AlunaGeorge ("White Noise"), Eliza Doolittle ("You & Me") and The Weeknd ("Nocturnal"). They also collaborated with Janet Jackson, Mary J Blige and Jessie Warre. Their hit "F for You" was also on FIFA 2014's soundtrack.
- Own label - They established their own label in 2013 called Method Records, promoting artists such as Karen Harding, Friends Within and also have a sub label called Method White focusing on the underground scene, with names in the likes of Eats Everything and MJ Cole.
- YouTube - They have over 630k subscribers to their YouTube channel and over 305m views.
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
- Reigate College - Surrey, UK
- I think we just want to get back out there. We’re young now. We can work hard. We don’t get tired too much. Sleep when you’re dead.
- We didn’t set out for anything at the start…We almost immediately realized that we were enjoying writing songs with vocals much more than we were enjoying writing the instrumental stuff.
- It’s not about money for us. We’re not on a crusade to change it like some people are. We are happy for people to hear it. We’re just in this because we love music.
- Best thing about being brothers in the same band is that in the studio we can be really honest with each other.
- We feel a bit unworthy. We feel like we should have played a couple more times before being put that high on the Coachella poster.
Disclosure Social Media Accounts
Guy Lawrence, Howard Lawrence,