- American political and cultural writer of broadly libertarian, or classical liberal, views
|Real name:||Virginia Inman Postrel||Born:||14 January 1960 |
|How old is Virginia Postrel in 2020? / Age: ||60 years|
|Where was Virginia Postrel born?||Greenville, South Carolina, US|
|Residence:||Westwood, Los Angeles, US|
Who is Virginia Postrel? / Facts
- Known for her non-fiction books, The Future and Its Enemies and The Substance of Style
- In the former she explains her philosophy, "dynamism", a forward-looking and change-seeking philosophy that generally favors unregulated organization through "spontaneous order"
- She contrasts it with "stasis", a philosophy that favors top-down control and regulation and is marked by desire to maintain the present state of affairs
- In November 2013, she published a third book, The Power of Glamour, which defined glamour as onverbal rhetoric" that “leads us to feel that the life we dream of exists, and to desire it even more
- Like the rest of the genetic lottery, beauty is unfair. Everyone falls short of perfection, but some are luckier than others. Real confidence requires self-knowledge, which includes recognizing one's shortcomings as well as one's strengths.
- Glamour is a beautiful illusion - the word 'glamour' originally meant a literal magic spell - that promises to transcend ordinary life and make the ideal real. It depends on a special combination of mystery and grace. Too much information breaks the spell.
- Airline glamour never promised anything as mundane as elbow room, much less a flat bed, a massage, or an arugula salad. It promised a better world. Service and dress reflected the more formal era, but no one expected air travel to be comfortable. It was amazing just to have hot food above the clouds.
Virginia Postrel Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 13 January 2018
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!