The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a children's picture book published in 1969, illustrated, and written by Eric Carle.
The book tells the story of a caterpillar consuming various foods before transforming into a butterfly.
It's an educational book, teaching kids to count, the days of the week, and also a butterfly's life cycle.
|How old is The Very Hungry Caterpillar in 2024? / Age:
|Where was The Very Hungry Caterpillar founded?
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Net worth 2024 (estimated)
|How much is The Very Hungry Caterpillar worth?
What is The Very Hungry Caterpillar? / Facts
- "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is a beloved children's book that has achieved remarkable success, with over 50 million copies sold and translations into more than 60 languages.
- The story follows a hungry caterpillar that consumes various fruits before experiencing a stomach ache and eventually transforming into a colorful butterfly.
- The book has received numerous awards and accolades for its iconic art style, which includes innovative collage artwork and holes in the pages representing the caterpillar's eating journey.
- It is considered one of the greatest childhood classics of all time.
- The book's educational themes, such as counting, days of the week, and a butterfly's life cycle, have made it a popular teaching aid in schools, and it has been praised for its ability to discreetly impart knowledge to young readers.
- Despite its widespread acclaim, the book has faced criticism for lacking cultural diversity, with some researchers suggesting the inclusion of more contemporary texts to better represent a diverse society.
- Nevertheless, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" remains a cherished book and has even been utilized in campaigns promoting literacy and healthy eating.
- The story has been adapted for television, released in various book editions, and inspired ancillary products, while also inspiring discussions on the accurate portrayal of metamorphosis.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar songs and animations - many animations and songs related to the adorable caterpillar have been released by various companies and individuals, such as Illuminated Films, PopoPew, WhatTheFun, Jen Swinburne, Yala Kids, and Kids App TV.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar story script:
In the light of the moon, a little egg lay on a leaf.
One Sunday morning, the warm sun came up and pop! – out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry caterpillar.
He started to look for some food.
On Monday, he ate through one apple, but he was still hungry.
On Tuesday, he ate through two pears, but he was still hungry.
On Wednesday, he ate through three plums, but he was still hungry.
On Thursday, he ate through four strawberries, but he was still hungry.
On Friday, he ate through five oranges, but he was still hungry.
On Saturday he ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice-cream cone, one pickle, one slice of swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon. That night he had a stomachache!
The next day was Sunday again. The caterpillar ate through one nice green leaf, and after that he felt much better.
Now he wasn’t hungry anymore, and he wasn’t a little caterpillar anymore. He was a big, fat caterpillar.
He built a small house around himself, called a Cocoon, And he stayed inside for more than two weeks.
Then he nibbled a hole in the cocoon, pushed his way out, and...
he was a beautiful butterfly.
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Wiki & wealth sources: Wikipedia, TMDb, social media accounts, users content, wealth specialized websites
Last update: 05 August 2023
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!