- Sergey Brin is an American software engineer and Internet entrepreneur
- Together with Larry Page, he co-founded Google
- Find more facts about Sergey Brin below
|Real name:||Sergey Mikhaylovich Brin|
Sergey Brin Height
|How tall is Sergey Brin?||173 cm / 5 ft 9 in|
|Weight|| 75 kg / 165 lbs Comment
||Born:||21 August 1973 Comment |
|How old is Sergey Brin in 2023? / Age: ||49 years
|Where was Sergey Brin born?||Moscow, Russia|
|Residence:||Los Altos, California, U.S.A.|
Sergey Brin Net worth 2023 (estimated)
|How much is Sergey Brin worth?||$62,300,000,000|
Who is Sergey Brin? / Facts
Join the discussion on Sergey Brin · height »
- Early life - Brin was born in Moscow in the former Soviet Union (now Russia), to Jewish parents, Eugenia and Mikhail Brin, both graduates of Moscow State University (MSU).
His father is a retired mathematics professor at the University of Maryland, and his mother a researcher at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.
Brin immigrated to the United States with his family from the Soviet Union at the age of six.
He earned his bachelor's degree at the University of Maryland, College Park, following in his father's and grandfather's footsteps by studying mathematics, as well as computer science.
- Google - After graduation, he enrolled in Stanford University to acquire a PhD in computer science.
There he met Larry Page, with whom he built the Google web search engine.
The program became popular at Stanford, and they suspended their PhD studies to start up Google in Susan Wojcicki's garage in Menlo Park.
- Alphabet - Brin was the president of Google's parent company Alphabet Inc, until stepping down from the role on December 3, 2019.
Brin and Larry Page remain at Alphabet as co-founders, controlling shareholders, board members, and employees.
- Net worth - As of October 2019, Brin is the 10th-richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$62.3 billion.
- Honors and awards - In 2002, Brin, along with Larry Page, was named in the MIT Technology Review TR100, as one of the top 100 innovators in the world under the age of 35
In 2003, both Brin and Page received an honorary MBA from IE Business School for embodying the entrepreneurial spirit and lending momentum to the creation of new businesses.
Also in 2003, Brin and Page were both Award Recipients and National Finalists for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
In 2004, they received the Marconi Foundation Prize, the "Highest Award in Engineering", and were elected Fellows of the Marconi Foundation at Columbia University.
In 2004, Brin received the American Academy of Achievement's Golden Plate Award with Larry Page at a ceremony in Chicago, Illinois.
- Trivia - Brin is Jewish and not religious.
- Personal life - In May 2007, Brin married biotech analyst and entrepreneur Anne Wojcicki in the Bahamas.
They had a son in late 2008 and a daughter in late 2011.
In August 2013, it was announced that Brin and his wife were living separately, after Brin had an extramarital affair with Google Glass's marketing director Amanda Rosenberg.
In June 2015, Brin and Wojcicki finalized their divorce.
In 2018, he married Nicole Shanahan, a legal tech founder.
They have a daughter, born in late 2018.
- Social media stats as of June 2020:
- 19.6K followers on Instagram
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about Sergey Brin
- Punch Pavle Stanimirovic: We are the same age (July 12, 2020)
- BS, University of Maryland at College Park: mathematics and computer science
- MS: Stanford University
- Ph.D. candidate in computer science (dropped out in 1995)
Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be looked back on as being very innovative, very trusted and ethical and ultimately making a big difference in the world.
Solving big problems is easier than solving little problems.
I feel there’s an existential angst among young people. I didn’t have that. They see enormous mountains, where I only saw one little hill to climb.
Once you go from 10 people to 100, you already don’t know who everyone is. So at that stage you might as well keep growing, to get the advantages of scale.
When I was growing up, I always knew I’d be in the top of my class in math, and that gave me a lot of self-confidence.
I would like to see anyone be able to achieve their dreams, and that’s what this organization does.
We saw that a thousand results weren’t necessarily as useful as 10 good ones.
We believed we could build a better search. We had a simple idea that not all pages are created equal. Some are more important.
Ultimately you want to have the entire world’s knowledge connected directly to your mind.
To me, this is about preserving history and making it available to everyone.
If I were seriously interested in something important to me, I wouldn’t just click on the first search result, read it and take it as God’s word.
We do lots of Stuff. The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first.
We wouldn’t survive if people didn’t trust us.
Sergey Brin Social Media Accounts
Wiki & wealth sources: Wikipedia, TMDb, social media accounts, users content, wealth specialized websites
Last update: 17 June 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!