- He was a Soviet dancer of ballet and modern dance
|Rudolf Hametovich Nureyev
Rudolf Nureyev Height
|How tall was Rudolf Nureyev?
|173 cm / 5 ft 9 in
|17 March 1938 Comment
|When did Rudolf Nureyev die? / Died
|06 January 1993
|How many years did Rudolf Nureyev live? / Lived
|Where was Rudolf Nureyev born?
|Where did Rudolf Nureyev die? / Deathplace
Rudolf Nureyev Net worth 2024 (estimated)
|How much is Rudolf Nureyev worth?
Who was Rudolf Nureyev? / Facts
- Respected - He was one of the most celebrated of the 20th century
- Nureyev's artistic skills explored expressive areas of the dance, providing a new role to the male ballet dancer who once served only as support to the women
- He also worked as choreographer, actor and director
- Nureyev had his early career with the Kirov Ballet in Leningrad
- He defected from the Soviet Union to the West in 1961, despite KGB efforts to stop him
- This was the first defection of a Soviet artist during the Cold War and it created an international sensation
- Nureyev went on to dance with The Royal Ballet in London and from 1983 to 1989 served as director of the Paris Opera Ballet
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about Rudolf Nureyev
- Tiziana: Where Is his house? I know that Nureyev had a house near Montecarlo (France) but I don't find It. (April 26, 2022)
- The only critic is a full house.
- I don't care if Margot is a Dame of the British Empire or older than myself. For me she represents eternal youth; there is an absolute musical quality in her beautiful body and phrasing. Because we are sincere and gifted, an intense abstract love is born between us every time we dance together.
- Technique is what you fall back on when you run out of inspiration.
- A pas de deux is a dialogue of love. How can there be conversation if one partner is dumb?
- "Until Rudi came along, all a man had to do to get into the Royal Ballet was, more or less, turn up and show willing. Nureyev completely changed the pace. He engaged with female dancers, manhandled them. It was exciting, virile." --A fellow danseur at the Royal Ballet of London
Rudolf Nureyev Social Media Accounts
Wiki & wealth sources: Wikipedia, TMDb, social media accounts, users content, wealth specialized websites
Last update: 13 July 2018
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!