- American singer-songwriter and musician, known for his distinctive, impassioned voice, complex compositions and dark emotional ballads
|Real name:||Roy Kelton Orbison|
|How tall was Roy Orbison?||180 cm / 5 ft 11 in||Born:||23 April 1936 |
|When did Roy Orbison die? / Died||06 December 1988|
|How many years did Roy Orbison live? / Lived||52 years|
|Where was Roy Orbison born?||Hendersonville, Tennessee, US|
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much is Roy Orbison worth?||$15,000,000|
Who was Roy Orbison? / Facts
- The combination led many critics to describe his music as operatic, giving him the sobriquet "the Caruso of Rock"
- Between 1960 and 1964, 22 of his songs placed on the Billboard Top 40, including "Only the Lonely" (1960), "Crying" (1961), and "Oh, Pretty Woman" (1964)
- Orbison grew up in Texas and began singing in a rockabilly and country and western band in high school
- He was signed by Sun Records in 1956, but his greatest success came with Monument Records in the early 1960s
- His career stagnated in the 1970s, but was revived by several cover versions of his songs and the use of "In Dreams" in David Lynch's film Blue Velvet (1986)
- In 1988, he was a member of the Traveling Wilburys supergroup, along with George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne
- He recorded his last solo album, Mystery Girl, the same year but died of a heart attack shortly thereafter
- While most male rock and roll performers in the 1950s and 1960s projected a defiant masculinity, many of Orbison's songs instead conveyed a quiet, almost desperate, vulnerability
- His voice ranged from baritone to tenor, and music scholars have suggested that he had a three- or four-octave range
- During performances, he was known for standing still and solitary, and for wearing black clothes and dark sunglasses, which lent an air of mystery to his persona
- His honors include inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in the same year, and the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1989
- Rolling Stone placed him at number 37 on their list of the "Greatest Artists of All Time" and number 13 on their list of the "100 Greatest Singers of All Time'
- In 2002, Billboard magazine listed Orbison at number 74 in the Top 600 recording artists
- Stats - 130k subscribers as of March 2017
Roy Orbison Social Media Accounts
Barbara Orbison, Claudette Frady, Claudette Frady, Anthony King Orbison, Wesley Orbison, Roy Kelton Orbison, Roy Dewayne Orbison, Alexander Orbison
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 11 May 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!