- Randy Bruce Traywick, better known by his stage name, Randy Travis, is an American country music singer, songwriter, guitarist, and actor
|Born:||04 May 1959 Comment |
|How old is Randy Travis in 2021? / Age: ||62 years
Randy Travis facts
- Since 1985, he has recorded 20 studio albums and charted more than 50 singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, and 16 of these were number-one hits
- Considered a pivotal figure in the history of country music, Travis broke through in the mid-1980s with the release of his album Storms of Life, which sold more than four million copies
- The album established him as a major force in the Neotraditional country movement
- Travis followed up his successful debut with a string of platinum and multi-platinum albums
- He is known for his distinctive baritone vocals, delivered in a traditional style that has made him a country music star since the 1980s
- By the mid-1990s, Travis saw a decline in his chart success
- In 1997, he left Warner Bros
- Records for DreamWorks Records and changed his musical focus to gospel music
- Although the career shift produced only one more number-one country hit "Three Wooden Crosses," Travis went on to earn several Dove Awards, including Country Album of the Year five times
- In addition to his singing career, he pursued an acting career, appearing in numerous films and television series, including The Rainmaker (1997) with Matt Damon, Black Dog (1998) with Patrick Swayze, Texas Rangers (2001) with James Van Der Beek, and seven episodes of the Touched by an Angel television series
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!