- William Oliver Stone is an American film director, screenwriter, and producer
|Born:||15 September 1946 Comment |
|How old is Oliver Stone in 2021? / Age: ||75 years
Oliver Stone facts
- Stone won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay as writer of Midnight Express (1978)
- He also wrote the acclaimed gangster movie Scarface (1983)
- As a director, Stone achieved prominence as director/writer of the war drama Platoon (1986), for which Stone won the Academy Award for Best Director; the film was awarded Best Picture
- Platoon was the first in a trilogy of films based on the Vietnam War, in which Stone served as an infantry soldier
- He continued the series with Born on the Fourth of July (1989)—for which Stone won his second Best Director Oscar—and Heaven & Earth (1993)
- Stone's other notable works include the Salvadoran Civil War-based drama Salvador (1986); the financial drama Wall Street (1987) and its 2010 sequel Money Never Sleeps; the Jim Morrison biopic The Doors (1991); and a trilogy of films based on the American Presidency—JFK (1991), Nixon (1995) and W
- Many of Stone's films focus on controversial American political issues during the late 20th century, and as such that they were considered contentious at the times of their releases
- They often combine different camera and film formats within a single scene as evidenced in JFK, Natural Born Killers, and Nixon
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!