- Noam Chomsky is an American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, historian, social critic, and political activist
- Famous for the so-called Noam Chomsky Decalogue, that shows us how society is maniupated:
- The strategy of distraction
- Create problems, then offer solutions
- The gradual strategy
- The strategy of deferring
- Go to the public as a little child
- Use the emotional side more than the reflection
- Keep the public in ignorance and mediocrity
- To encourage the public to be complacent with mediocrity
- Self-blame Strengthen
- Getting to know the individuals better than they know themselves
More details here
|Real name:||Avram Noam Chomsky|
Noam Chomsky Height
|How tall is Noam Chomsky?||169 cm / 5 ft 7 in|
|Weight|| 60 kg / 132 lbs Comment
|Born:||07 December 1928 Comment |
|How old is Noam Chomsky in 2021? / Age: ||92 years
|Where was Noam Chomsky born?||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US|
Noam Chomsky Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Noam Chomsky worth?||$8,000,000
Who is Noam Chomsky? / Facts
- The father of modern linguistics - he is a major figure in analytic philosophy and one of the founders of the field of cognitive science
- He holds a joint appointment as Institute Professor Emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Laureate Professor at the University of Arizona
- Author of more than 100 books on topics such as linguistics, war, politics, and mass media
- Ideologically, he aligns with anarcho-syndicalism and libertarian socialism
- Interest in anarchism - Born to Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants in Philadelphia, Chomsky developed an early interest in anarchism from alternative bookstores in New York City
- Studies - He studied at the University of Pennsylvania. During his postgraduate work in the Harvard Society of Fellows, Chomsky developed the theory of transformational grammar for which he earned his doctorate in 1955
- That year he began teaching at MIT, and in 1957 emerged as a significant figure in linguistics with his landmark work Syntactic Structures, which played a major role in remodeling the study of language
- From 1958 to 1959 Chomsky was a National Science Foundation fellow at the Institute for Advanced Study
- He created or co-created the universal grammar theory, the generative grammar theory, the Chomsky hierarchy, and the minimalist program
- Chomsky also played a pivotal role in the decline of linguistic behaviorism, and was particularly critical of the work of B. F. Skinner
- An outspoken opponent of U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War, which he saw as an act of American imperialism, in 1967 Chomsky rose to national attention for his antiwar essay "The Responsibility of Intellectuals"
- Associated with the New Left, he was arrested multiple times for his activism and placed on President Richard Nixon's Enemies List. While expanding his work in linguistics over subsequent decades, he also became involved in the linguistics wars
- The propaganda model - In collaboration with Edward S. Herman, Chomsky later articulated the propaganda model of media criticism in Manufacturing Consent and worked to expose the Indonesian occupation of East Timor
- His defense of freedom of speech, including Holocaust denial, generated significant controversy in the Faurisson affair of the 1980s. Since retiring from MIT, he has continued his vocal political activism, including opposing the 2003 invasion of Iraq and supporting the Occupy movement. Chomsky began teaching at the University of Arizona in 2017
- Anti-imperialist - His ideas have proven highly influential in the anti-capitalist and anti-imperialist movements, but have also drawn criticism, with some accusing Chomsky of anti-Americanism
- Social media stats as of May 2020:
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants, and aliens, the more you control all the people.
For those who stubbornly seek freedom, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination. These are easy to perceive in the totalitarian societies, much less so in the system of "brainwashing under freedom" to which we are subjected and which all too often we serve as willing or unwitting instruments.
The country was founded on the principle that the primary role of government is to protect property from the majority. And so it remains.
Education is a system of imposed ignorance.
Noam Chomsky Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 08 May 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!