- The National Park Service is an agency of the United States federal government that manages all U
National Park Service facts
- national parks, many American national monuments, and other conservation and historical properties with various title designations
- It was created on August 25, 1916, by Congress through the National Park Service Organic Act and is an agency of the United States Department of the Interior
- The NPS is charged with a dual role of preserving the ecological and historical integrity of the places entrusted to its management while also making them available and accessible for public use and enjoyment
- As of 2014 21,651 employees of the NPS oversee 413 units, of which 59 are designated national parks
- The National Park Service is celebrating its centennial in 2016
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!