- He was a French composer, pianist and conductor
|Real name:||Joseph Maurice Ravel|
Maurice Ravel Height
|How tall was Maurice Ravel?||161 cm / 5 ft 4 in|
|Born:||07 March 1875 Comment |
|When did Maurice Ravel die? / Died||28 December 1937|
|How many years did Maurice Ravel live? / Lived||62 years|
|Where was Maurice Ravel born?||Ciboure, France|
|Where did Maurice Ravel die? / Deathplace ||Paris, France|
Maurice Ravel Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Maurice Ravel worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Who was Maurice Ravel? / Facts
- Considered France's greatest living composer in the 1920s and 1930s
- Style - Clarity, with elements of baroque, neoclassicism and, later, jazz
- Famous for Boléro (1928), in which repetition takes the place of development
- He made some orchestral arrangements of other composers' music, of which his 1922 version of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition is the best known
- He wrote pieces for piano, chamber music, two piano concertos, ballet music, two operas, and eight song cycles; he wrote no symphonies or religious works
- Many of his works exist in two versions: a first, piano score and a later orchestration
- Complexity - Some of his piano music, such as Gaspard de la nuit (1908), is exceptionally difficult to play, and his complex orchestral works such as Daphnis et Chloé (1912) require skilful balance in performance
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 26 February 2019
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!