- She was a Canadian-American film actress, writer, director, and producer
|Real name:||Gladys Louise Smith|
Mary Pickford Height
|How tall was Mary Pickford?||155 cm / 5 ft 2 in|
|Born:||08 April 1893 Comment |
|When did Mary Pickford die? / Died||29 May 1979|
|How many years did Mary Pickford live? / Lived||86 years|
|Where was Mary Pickford born?||Toronto, Canada|
|Where did Mary Pickford die? / Deathplace ||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Nicknames:||Baby Gladys, The Girl with the Golden Hair, The Glad Girl, America's Sweetheart, Little Mary, Goldielocks, The Girl with the Curls, The Biograph Girl|
Who was Mary Pickford? / Facts
- She was a co-founder of the film studio United Artists and one of the original 36 founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Known in her prime as "America's Sweetheart" and the "girl with the curls", Pickford was one of the Canadian pioneers in early Hollywood and a significant figure in the development of film acting
- Pickford was one of the earliest stars to be billed under her name (film performers up until that time were usually unbilled), and was one of the most popular actresses of the 1910s and '20s, earning the nickname "Queen of the Movies"
- She was awarded the second ever Academy Award for Best Actress for her first sound film role in Coquette (1929) and also received an honorary Academy Award in 1976
- In consideration of her contributions to American cinema, the American Film Institute ranked Pickford as 24th in its 1999 list of greatest female stars of classic Hollywood Cinema
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Mary Pickford Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 08 April 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!