- Mark David Chapman is an American prison inmate who murdered musician John Lennon on December 8, 1980
|Born:||10 May 1955 Comment |
|How old is Mark David Chapman in 2021? / Age: ||66 years
Mark David Chapman facts
- Chapman shot Lennon outside The Dakota apartment building in Manhattan
- Chapman fired at Lennon five times, hitting him four times in the back
- Chapman remained at the crime scene and began reading J
- Salinger's novel The Catcher in the Rye until the police arrived and arrested him
- He repeatedly said that the novel was his statement
- Chapman's legal team intended to mount an insanity defense based on expert testimony that he was in a delusional psychotic state at the time of the killing
- As the trial approached, Chapman instructed his lawyers that he wanted to plead guilty, based on what he had decided was the will of God
- The judge allowed the plea change without further psychiatric assessment after Chapman denied hearing voices, and sentenced him to a prison term of 20 years to life with a stipulation that mental health treatment be provided
- Chapman has been imprisoned since the murder and has been denied parole nine times amidst campaigns (most notably by Yoko Ono) against his release
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!