- Mar Roxas is a Filipino politician and the grandson of former Philippine President Manuel Roxas
|Real name:||Manuel "Mar" Araneta Roxas II|
|Born:||13 May 1957 Comment |
|How old is Mar Roxas in 2021? / Age: ||64 years
|Where was Mar Roxas born?||Philippine|
Mar Roxas facts
- He served in the Cabinet of the Philippines as Secretary of the Interior and Local Government from 2012 to 2015
- Previously, he was the Secretary of Trade and Industry from 2000 to 2003, a Senator from 2004 to 2010, and Secretary of Transportation and Communications from 2011 to 2012
- He is the son of former Senator Gerry Roxas
- After gaining a Bachelor of Science degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Roxas worked as an investment banker in New York, mobilizing venture capital funds for small and medium enterprises
- He served as the Representative of the 1st District of Capiz from 1993 to 2000
- His stint as congressman was cut short after he was appointed by President Joseph Estrada as Secretary of Trade and Industry
- He resigned from the position at the height of the EDSA Revolution of 2001 and was later re-appointed by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo in her new cabinet
- He resigned again to run for a Senate seat in the 2004 election
- He was elected senator with 19 million votes, the highest ever garnered by a national candidate in any Philippine election
- Roxas co-authored the Expanded Value Added Tax Law (E-Vat)
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 01 June 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!