|Born:||27 February 1902 Comment |
|When did John Steinbeck die? / Died||20 December 1968|
|How many years did John Steinbeck live? / Lived||66 years|
John Steinbeck Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is John Steinbeck worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
John Steinbeck facts
- (February 27, 1902 – December 20, 1968) was an American author of 27 books, including 16 novels, six non-fiction books, and five collections of short stories
- He is widely known for the comic novels Tortilla Flat (1935) and Cannery Row (1945), the multi-generation epic East of Eden (1952), and the novellas Of Mice and Men (1937) and The Red Pony (1937)
- The Pulitzer Prize-winning The Grapes of Wrath (1939) is considered Steinbeck's masterpiece and part of the American literary canon
- In the first 75 years after it was published, it sold 14 million copies
- The winner of the 1962 Nobel Prize in Literature, he has been called "a giant of American letters"
- His works are widely read abroad and many of his works are considered classics of Western literature
- Most of Steinbeck's work is set in southern and central California, particularly in the Salinas Valley and the California Coast Ranges region
- His works frequently explored the themes of fate and injustice, especially as applied to downtrodden or everyman protagonists
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!