- The Jaipur Literature Festival is an annual literary festival which takes place in the Indian city of Jaipur each January
Jaipur Literature Festival facts
- It was founded in 2006, and from 2008 has been produced by Teamwork Arts
- 2016 is the ninth edition of the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival
- The world's largest free literary Festival, it was described by Miranda Seymour in the Mail on Sunday of 10 August 2008 as "the grandest literary Festival of them all"
- The Diggi Palace Hotel serves as the main venue of the festival with sessions held in the Hall of Audience and throughout the gardens of the Diggi Palace in the city centre
- The festival directors are the writers Namita Gokhale and William Dalrymple and it is produced by Sanjoy Roy of Teamwork Arts
- Surina Narula is the Founder Sponsor and Festival Advisor for the literature festival
- The Festival is an Initiative of the Jaipur Virasat Foundation founded by Faith Singh, originally as a segment of the Jaipur Heritage International Festival in 2006, and developed into a free-standing festival of literature standing on its own feet in 2008
- JVF's Community Director Vinod Joshi is its regional advisor
- All events at the festival are free and not ticketed
- In 2012, a number of events occurred related to the Salman Rushdie and the Satanic Verses controversy
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Star Trek Online, Shopaholic, Assassin's Creed, hÃ¼lsta, Combat Arms, Dragon Oath, Play-Doh, Hollo, KÃ¤the Kruse, Maybury