- Iittala, founded as a glassworks in 1881, is a Finnish design brand specialising in design objects, tableware and cookware
- Iittala's official i-logo was designed by Timo Sarpaneva in 1956
- Iittala has strong design roots in glasswares and art glass which can be seen in, for example, the early designs of Aino Aalto glasses designed by Aino Aalto in 1932; Alvar Aalto’s Savoy Vase (Aalto Vase) from 1936; Oiva Toikka’s Birds by Toikka glass birds collection that has been made since 1962, his glassware set Kastehelmi from 1964 and Tapio Wirkkala’s glasses Ultima Thule from 1968
- Iittala is the world's most famous glass company in the whole world
- Over time, Iittala has expanded from glass to other materials, such as ceramics and metal while keeping with their key philosophy of progressive elegant and timeless design, such as Kaj Franck’s Teema ceramic tableware from 1952 and Timo Sarpaneva’s cast iron pot Sarpaneva from 1960
- Iittala focuses on timeless design which can be seen not only in older creations but in the modern classics such as cookware Tools designed by Björn Dahlström in 1998; Heikki Orvola’s Kivi candleholders from 1988; Alfredo Häberli’s ceramic Origo tableware designed in 1999 and the Essence glasses from 2001; Anu Penttinen’s Vitriini from 2010 and the tableware Sarjaton using ceramic, glass, wood and textile as materials, designed by Harri Koskinen, Aleksi Kuokka, Musuta and Samuji in 2012
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Jackass, Million Dollar Arm, Knocked Up, Sweet Home Alabama, Safety Not Guaranteed, Grand Masti, 2 Guns, Vanishing of the Bees, Loving Vincent, Hitman: Agent 47
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!