- Helen Adams Keller was an American author, political activist, and lecturer
|Born:||27 June 1880 Comment |
|When did Helen Keller die? / Died||01 June 1968|
|How many years did Helen Keller live? / Lived||87 years|
Helen Keller Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Helen Keller worth?||Under review Comment|
Helen Keller facts
- She was the first deaf-blind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree
- The story of how Keller's teacher, Anne Sullivan, broke through the isolation imposed by a near complete lack of language, allowing the girl to blossom as she learned to communicate, has become widely known through the dramatic depictions of the play and film The Miracle Worker
- Her birthplace in West Tuscumbia, Alabama, is now a museum and sponsors an annual "Helen Keller Day"
- Her birthday on June 27 is commemorated as Helen Keller Day in the U
- state of Pennsylvania and was authorized at the federal level by presidential proclamation by President Jimmy Carter in 1980, the 100th anniversary of her birth
- A prolific author, Keller was well-traveled and outspoken in her convictions
- A member of the Socialist Party of America and the Industrial Workers of the World, she campaigned for women's suffrage, labor rights, socialism, antimilitarism, and other similar causes
- She was inducted into the Alabama Women's Hall of Fame in 1971 and was one of twelve inaugural inductees to the Alabama Writers Hall of Fame on June 8, 2015
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.