- Harve Presnell was an American actor and singer
|Born:||14 September 1933 Comment |
|When did Harve Presnell die? / Died||30 June 2009|
|How many years did Harve Presnell live? / Lived||75 years|
Harve Presnell facts
- He began his career in the mid-1950s as a classical baritone, singing with orchestras and opera companies throughout the United States
- His career reoriented away from classical music to musical theatre in 1960 after Meredith Willson cast him in the lead role of his new Broadway musical The Unsinkable Molly Brown
- His portrayal of "Leadville Johnny" was a resounding success and he reprised the role in the 1964 film version of the musical, winning a Golden Globe Award for his portrayal
- Presnell went on to star in a few more films during the 1960s, but by the early 1970s that aspect of his career came to a standstill
- From 1970 to 1995 he mostly worked as a musical theatre performer on Broadway, the West End, and in touring productions out of New York
- In his early 60s, Presnell saw a resurgence in his movie career which lasted until his death
- He played character roles in films like Fargo (1996), Saving Private Ryan (1998), and Flags of Our Fathers (2006)
- He also appeared on television as Mr
- Parker in The Pretender and Lew Staziak in Andy Barker, P
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!