- Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin ɪˈfʲiməvʲɪtɕ rɐˈsputʲɪn]; 21 January [O
|Born:||29 July 1871 Comment |
|How old is Grigori Rasputin in 2021? / Age: ||150 years
Grigori Rasputin facts
- 9 January] 1869 – 30 December [O
- 17 December] 1916) was a Russian peasant, mystical faith healer, and trusted friend of the family of Nicholas II, the last Tsar of Russia
- He became an influential figure in Saint Petersburg, especially after August 1915, when Nicholas took command of the army fighting in World War I
- Rasputin then became an easy scapegoat for Russian aristocrats, nationalists and liberals
- There is uncertainty over much of Rasputin's life and the degree of influence that he exerted over the weak willed Tsar and the strong willed Alexandra Feodorovna, his wife
- Accounts are often based on dubious memoirs, hearsay, and legend
- While his influence and position may have been exaggerated — Rasputin became synonymous with power, debauchery and lust — his presence played a significant role in the increasing unpopularity of the Imperial couple
- Rasputin was murdered by monarchists who hoped to save Tsarism by ending his sway over the royal family
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 01 May 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!