- Eric Clapton is an English rock and blues guitarist, singer, and songwriter
- He is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: once as a solo artist and separately as a member of the Yardbirds and Cream
|Real name:||Eric Patrick Clapton|
Eric Clapton Height
|How tall is Eric Clapton?||182 cm / 6 ft 0 in|
|Born:||30 March 1945 Comment |
|How old is Eric Clapton in 2021? / Age: ||76 years
|Where was Eric Clapton born?||Ripley, UK|
|Nicknames:||Slow Hand, God|
Eric Clapton Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Eric Clapton worth?||$300,000,000
Who is Eric Clapton? / Facts
- Clapton has been referred to as one of the most important and influential guitarists of all time
- Clapton ranked second in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time" and fourth in Gibson's "Top 50 Guitarists of All Time"
- He was also named number five in Time magazine's list of "The 10 Best Electric Guitar Players" in 2009
- In the mid-1960s Clapton left the Yardbirds to play blues with John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers
- Immediately after leaving Mayall, Clapton formed the power trio Cream with drummer Ginger Baker and bassist Jack Bruce, in which Clapton played sustained blues improvisations and "arty, blues-based psychedelic pop"
- Furthermore, he formed blues rock band Blind Faith with Baker, Steve Winwood, and Ric Grech
- For most of the 1970s Clapton's output bore the influence of the mellow style of JJ Cale and the reggae of Bob Marley
- His version of Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff" helped reggae reach a mass market
- Two of his most popular recordings were "Layla", recorded with Derek and the Dominos; and Robert Johnson's "Crossroads", recorded with Cream
- Following the death of his son Conor in 1991, Clapton's grief was expressed in the song "Tears in Heaven", which was featured on his Unplugged album
- Clapton has been the recipient of 18 Grammy Awards, and the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music
- In 2004 he was awarded a CBE at Buckingham Palace for services to music
- In 1998, Clapton, a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, founded the Crossroads Centre on Antigua, a medical facility for recovering substance abusers
- Social media stats as of July 2020:
- 500k subscribers on Youtube
- 71k fans on Twitter
- 8.9M likes on facebook
- 356k followers on Instagram
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around, I'd rather lie around. No contest.
I am, and always will be, a blues guitarist.
My dedication to my music has driven everyone away. I've had girlfriends, but I always end up on my own. I don't particularly like it, but I don't see a way 'round it.
We didn't really have a band with Cream. We rarely played as an ensemble; we were three virtuosos, all of us soloing all the time.
Eric Clapton Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 17 July 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!