- Irish singer, songwriter, musician and producer
|Real name:||Eithne Patricia Ní Bhraonáin|
|How tall is Enya?||157 cm / 5 ft 2 in||Born:||17 May 1961 |
|How old is Enya in 2020? / Age: ||59 years|
|Where was Enya born?||Gweedore, Republic of Ireland|
|Nicknames:||The Silver Lady|
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much is Enya worth?||$103,000,000|
|Eyes color:||Hazel / Green|
Who is Enya? / Facts
- Born into a musical family and raised in the Irish speaking area of Gweedore in County Donegal, Enya began her professional music career at 18 when she joined her family's Celtic band Clannad in 1980 on keyboards and backing vocals
- She left in 1982 with their manager and producer Nicky Ryan to pursue a solo career, with Ryan's wife Roma Ryan as her lyricist
- Enya developed her distinct sound over the following four years with multi-tracked vocals and keyboards with elements of new age, Celtic, classical, church, and folk music
- She has sung in 10 languages
- Enya's first projects as a solo artist included soundtrack work for The Frog Prince (1985) and the 1987 BBC documentary series The Celts, which was released as her debut album, Enya (1987)
- She signed with Warner Music in 1987 which granted her considerable artistic freedom and minimal interference from the label
- The commercial and critical success of Watermark (1988), Enya's first Warner album, propelled her to worldwide fame, helped by its international top 10 hit single, "Orinoco Flow"
- This was followed by the multi-million selling albums Shepherd Moons (1991), The Memory of Trees (1995) and A Day Without Rain (2000)
- Sales of A Day Without Rain and its lead single, "Only Time", surged in the United States following its use in the media coverage of the 11 September 2001 attacks
- Following Amarantine (2005) and And Winter Came (2008), Enya took an extended break from music; she returned in 2012 and released Dark Sky Island (2015)
- Enya is known for her private lifestyle and has yet to undergo a concert tour
- She is Ireland's biggest selling solo artist and second overall behind U2, with a discography that has sold 26.5 million certified albums in the United States and an estimated 75 million worldwide
- A Day Without Rain (2000) remains the best selling new age album with an estimated 16 million copies sold worldwide
- Awards - Enya has won several awards throughout her career, including seven World Music Awards, four Grammy Awards for Best New Age Album, an Ivor Novello Award, and was nominated for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for "May It Be", a song she wrote for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
- Stats - 267k subscribers on Youtube as of March 2018
A lot of people know "Enya" the music, but they don't know what I look like, or what I do. And I think that that's really good... for me, and for the music as well.
When making music I sink myself into the process as deeply as I can and forget all of the success.
Fame and success are very different things.
As with anything creative, change is inevitable
I don't need a man in my life
Enya Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 12 March 2018
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!