- Donald Richard "Don" DeLillo is an American novelist, playwright and essayist
|Born:||20 November 1936 Comment |
|How old is Don DeLillo in 2021? / Age: ||84 years
Don DeLillo facts
- His works have covered subjects as diverse as television, nuclear war, sports, the complexities of language, performance art, the Cold War, mathematics, the advent of the digital age, politics, economics, and global terrorism
- Initially a well-regarded cult writer, the publication in 1985 of White Noise brought him widespread recognition
- It was followed in 1988 by Libra, a bestseller
- DeLillo has twice been a Pulitzer Prize for Fiction finalist (for Mao II in 1992 and for Underworld in 1998), won the PEN/Faulkner Award for Mao II in 1992 (receiving a further PEN/Faulkner Award nomination for The Angel Esmeralda in 2012), was granted the PEN/Saul Bellow Award for Achievement in American Fiction in 2010, and won the Library of Congress Prize for American Fiction in 2013
- DeLillo has described his fiction as being concerned with "living in dangerous times", and in a 2005 interview declared, "Writers must oppose systems
- It's important to write against power, corporations, the state, and the whole system of consumption and of debilitating entertainments [
- ] I think writers, by nature, must oppose things, oppose whatever power tries to impose on us
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!