- American singer, songwriter, and actress
||Demetria Devonne Lovato
|How tall is Demi Lovato?
||161 cm / 5 ft 4 in
|When was Demi Lovato born?
||20 August 1992
|How old is Demi Lovato in 2020?
|Where was Demi Lovato born?
||Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much does Demi Lovato worth?
Who is Demi Lovato? / Facts
- After making her debut as a child actress in Barney & Friends, Lovato rose to prominence in 2008 when she started in the Disney Channel television film Camp Rock and signed a recording contract with Hollywood Records
- Her debut album, Don't Forget (2008), debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200
- In 2009, Lovato received her own television series, Sonny with a Chance
- The following album, Here We Go Again, debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200, while its title track became her first single to reach the top 20 of the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at fifteen
- Both albums have been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
- After the release of additional television films and their soundtracks in 2010, Lovato's personal issues put her career on hiatus and ended Sonny with a Chance after its second season
- Her third album, Unbroken (2011), addresses several of her difficulties
- Its lead single, "Skyscraper", became Lovato's second top 10 entry in the US, while its second single, "Give Your Heart a Break", was certified triple platinum in the country
- Lovato was a judge and mentor on the American version of The X Factor in 2012 and 2013
- Her third album, Demi (2013), had first-week sales of 110,000 copies (the best debut week of Lovato's recording career) and debuted at number three on the Billboard 200
- Its lead single, "Heart Attack", became her third top 10 in the US and her first in the UK
- Lovato's fifth album, Confident (2015), debuted at number 2 on the Billboard 200
- Its lead single "Cool for the Summer" was eventually certified double platinum by the RIAA
- Musically, Lovato is considered a pop, pop rock, and R&B artist
- Lovato has won a number of awards, including an MTV Video Music Award, 13 Teen Choice Awards, five People's Choice Awards, an ALMA Award, and a Billboard Touring Award
- In 2013, Maxim ranked her 26th on its Hot 100 list and Billboard ranked her second on its Social 50 Artists of the Year list
- Outside the entertainment industry, Lovato is involved with several social and environmental causes
- In May 2013, she was cited for her dedication as a mentor to teens and young adults with mental health challenges at a National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day hosted by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration in Washington, D.C.
- She has also become an advocate for the LGBT community
- In 2014, she was announced as the Grand Marshal for LA Pride week, and that same year she became the face for Human Rights Campaign's Americans for Marriage Equality Campaign
- In April 2016, Lovato was honored with the GLAAD Vanguard Award for making a significant difference in promoting equal rights for LGBT people at the 27th GLAAD Media Awards