- A monk of the Gelug or "Yellow Hat" school of Tibetan Buddhism, the newest of the schools of Tibetan Buddhism founded by Je Tsongkhapa
|Real name:||Lhamo Dondrub|
Dalai Lama Height
|How tall is Dalai Lama?||170 cm / 5 ft 7 in|
|Born:||06 July 1935 Comment |
|How old is Dalai Lama in 2021? / Age: ||86 years
|Where was Dalai Lama born?||Taktser, China|
Who is Dalai Lama? / Facts
- Lhamo Dondrub is the 14th Dalai Lama
- He is the spiritual leader of the people of Tibet
- Dalai Lama is a manifestation of the Bodhisattva (Buddha) of Compassion
- Lhamo Dondrub is said to be the reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama.
- The monks from Tibet tested him by asking to identify some clothes that belonged to the 13th Dalai Lama. He did that successfully and became a monk at age six.
- He won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989 for liberating Tibet from China, non-violently.
- He beleives that all religions should get along with each other
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
- Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
- We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
- Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 03 August 2018
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!