- Cradle of Filth are a British extreme metal band that formed in Suffolk in 1991
Cradle of Filth facts
- The band's musical style evolved from black metal to a cleaner and more "produced" amalgam of gothic metal, symphonic metal and other metal genres
- Their lyrical themes and imagery are heavily influenced by gothic literature, poetry, mythology and horror films
- The band has broken free from its original niche by courting mainstream publicity (often to the chagrin of its early fanbase), giving the band a "commercial" image
- This increased accessibility has brought coverage from the likes of Kerrang! and MTV, along with frequent main stage appearances at major festivals such as Ozzfest, Download and even the mainstream Sziget Festival
- They have sometimes been perceived as satanic by casual observers, even though their outright lyrical references to Satanism are few and far between; their use of satanic imagery has arguably always been more for shock value rather than any seriously held beliefs
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.