- Sir Anish Kapoor, CBE RA, is a British-Indian sculptor
|Born:||12 March 1954 Comment |
|How old is Anish Kapoor in 2021? / Age: ||67 years
Anish Kapoor facts
- Born in Bombay, Kapoor has lived and worked in London since the early 1970s when he moved to study art, first at the Hornsey College of Art and later at the Chelsea School of Art and Design
- He represented Britain in the XLIV Venice Biennale in 1990, when he was awarded the Premio Duemila Prize
- In 1991 he received the Turner Prize and in 2002 received the Unilever Commission for the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern
- Notable public sculptures include Cloud Gate (colloquially known as "the Bean") in Chicago's Millennium Park; Sky Mirror, exhibited at the Rockefeller Center in New York City in 2006 and Kensington Gardens in London in 2010; Temenos, at Middlehaven, Middlesbrough; Leviathan, at the Grand Palais in Paris in 2011; and ArcelorMittal Orbit, commissioned as a permanent artwork for London's Olympic Park and completed in 2012
- Kapoor received a knighthood in the 2013 Birthday Honours for services to visual arts
- He was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from the University of Oxford in 2014
- In 2012 he was awarded Padma Bhushan by the Indian government which is India's third highest civilian award
- An image of Kapoor features in the British cultural icons section of the newly designed British passport in 2015
- In 2016 he was announced as a recipient of the LennonOno Grant for Peace
- He owns exclusive rights to use Vantablack, the blackest substance known, for artistic purposes
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!