Angela Lansbury was an Irish-British - American actress and singer who played various roles across film, stage, and television.
Her career, one of the longest in the entertainment industry, spanned eight decades, much of it in the United States; her work also received much international attention.
|Real name:||Dame Angela Brigid Lansbury|
Angela Lansbury Height
|How tall was Angela Lansbury?||173 cm / 5 ft 9 in|
|Born:||16 October 1925 Comment |
|When did Angela Lansbury die? / Died||11 October 2022|
|How many years did Angela Lansbury live? / Lived||96 years|
|Where was Angela Lansbury born?||London, United Kingdom|
|Where did Angela Lansbury die? / Deathplace ||Los Angeles, California, US|
Angela Lansbury Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Angela Lansbury worth?||$70,000,000|
Who was Angela Lansbury? / Facts
She was one of the last surviving stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema at the time of her death.
Throughout her life, she received an Honorary Oscar Award, 3 Oscar nominations, 18 Emmy nominations, 1 Grammy nomination, 6 Golden Globe Awards, and 5 Tony Awards, plus the Lifetime Achievement Tony Award in 2022.
- Lansbury was born to an upper-middle-class family in central London, the daughter of Irish actress Moyna Macgill and English politician Edgar Lansbury.
- To escape the Blitz, she moved to the United States in 1940, studying acting in New York City. Proceeding to Hollywood in 1942, she signed to MGM and obtained her first film roles, in Gaslight (1944), National Velvet (1944), and The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945), earning her two Academy Award nominations and a Golden Globe Award.
- She appeared in eleven further MGM films, mostly in minor roles, and after her contract ended in 1952 she began supplementing her cinematic work with theatrical appearances.
- Although largely seen as a B-list star during this period, her role in the film The Manchurian Candidate (1962) received widespread acclaim and is often cited as one of her career-best performances, earning her a third Academy Award nomination.
- Moving into musical theatre, Lansbury finally gained stardom for playing the leading role in the Broadway musical Mame (1966), which won her her first Tony Award and established her as a gay icon.
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Peter Shaw, Deidre Angela Shaw, Anthony Pullen Shaw, Bruce Lansbury, Edgar Lansbury, Isolde Denham
Wiki & wealth sources: Wikipedia, TMDb, social media accounts, users content, wealth specialized websites
Photo credit: https://www.wikipedia.org/
Last update: 12 October 2022
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!