- British composer and impresario of musical theatre
|How tall is Andrew Lloyd Webber?||175 cm / 5 ft 9 in|
|Born:||22 March 1948 |
|How old is Andrew Lloyd Webber in 2020? / Age: ||72 years|
|Where was Andrew Lloyd Webber born?||Kensington, London, UK|
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much is Andrew Lloyd Webber worth?||$1,200,000,000|
Who is Andrew Lloyd Webber? / Facts
- Several of his musicals have run for more than a decade both in the West End and on Broadway
- He has composed 13 musicals, a song cycle, a set of variations, two film scores, and a Latin Requiem Mass
- Several of his songs have been widely recorded and were hits outside of their parent musicals, notably "The Music of the Night" from The Phantom of the Opera, "I Don't Know How to Love Him" from Jesus Christ Superstar, "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" and "You Must Love Me" from Evita, "Any Dream Will Do" from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and "Memory" from Cats
- In 2001 the New York Times referred to him as "the most commercially successful composer in history"
- Ranked the "fifth most powerful person in British culture" by The Telegraph in 2008, the lyricist Don Black stated "Andrew more or less single-handedly reinvented the musical
- He has received a number of awards, including a knighthood in 1992, followed by a peerage from Queen Elizabeth II for services to Music, seven Tonys, three Grammys (as well as the Grammy Legend Award), an Academy Award, fourteen Ivor Novello Awards, seven Olivier Awards, a Golden Globe, a Brit Award, the 2006 Kennedy Center Honors, and the 2008 Classic Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music
- He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, is an inductee into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame, and is a fellow of the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors
- His company, the Really Useful Group, is one of the largest theatre operators in London
- Producers in several parts of the UK have staged productions, including national tours, of the Lloyd Webber musicals under licence from the Really Useful Group
- Lloyd Webber is also the president of the Arts Educational Schools London, a performing arts school located in Chiswick, West London
- He is involved in a number of charitable activities, including the Elton John AIDS Foundation, Nordoff Robbins, Prostate Cancer UK and War Child
- In 1992 he set up the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation which supports the arts, culture and heritage in the UK
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
There is a recommendation that schools spend a certain amount of time teaching music but it really depends on whether the teachers believe in it. In some primary and secondary schools there is no musical provision at all but other well-resourced schools have plenty.
If you're a composer you do want to know how people are reacting to it but at the same time, of course, the performer is the most important thing.
More than ever before we need to keep high-flying professionals in the UK. We can't, as we have done in the past, dump on them through penal personal taxation. Of course we know that there have been some shocking excesses in the City of London. But for years we have also had drummed into us that the City of London proudly took over from manufacturing as the UK's main source of income. New Labour rejoiced in the fruits of the excesses of the bankers. Of course, with hindsight, their bonuses were obscene. But New Labour gratefully taxed them.
What strikes me is that there's a very fine line between success and failure. Just one ingredient can make the difference. A really good example of that is design and 'Love Never Lies'. The London production didn't have any consistency of style, so it would go from say, art nouveau to art deco, to straightforward, old-fashioned showbiz. The Australian production had its own language. It was at one with the piece.
Andrew Lloyd Webber Social Media Accounts
Other celebrities: Estrella Damm, Bioland, Corona, Jaffa Cakes, Statistics, Hamburger Helper, Lurpak, Bisquick, Guardians of the Galaxy, Rice Krispies
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 20 March 2018
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!