- Alger Hiss was an American government official who was accused of being a Soviet spy in 1948 and convicted of perjury in connection with this charge in 1950
|Born:||11 November 1904 Comment |
|When did Alger Hiss die? / Died||15 November 1996|
|How many years did Alger Hiss live? / Lived||92 years|
Alger Hiss facts
- Before he was tried and convicted, he was involved in the establishment of the United Nations both as a U
- State Department official and as a U
- In later life he worked as a lecturer and author
- On August 3, 1948, Whittaker Chambers, a former U
- Communist Party member, testified under subpoena before the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) that Hiss had secretly been a Communist, though not a spy, while in federal service
- Called before HUAC, Hiss categorically denied the charge
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!