- Alan Irwin Menken is an American musical theatre and film composer and pianist
|Born:||22 July 1949 Comment |
|How old is Alan Menken in 2021? / Age: ||72 years
Alan Menken facts
- Menken is best known for his scores for films produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios
- His scores for The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Pocahontas have each won him two Academy Awards
- He also composed the scores for Little Shop of Horrors (1986), Newsies (1992), The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996), Hercules (1997), Enchanted (2007), Tangled (2010) and Sausage Party (2016), among others
- He is also known for his work on musical theatre works for Broadway and elsewhere
- Some of these are based on his Disney films, but other stage hits include Little Shop of Horrors (1982), A Christmas Carol (1994) and Sister Act (2009)
- Menken has collaborated with such lyricists as Howard Ashman, Tim Rice, Glenn Slater, Stephen Schwartz and David Zippel
- With eight Academy Award wins (four each for Best Score and Best Song), Menken is the second most prolific Oscar winner in the music categories after Alfred Newman, who has nine Oscars
- He has also won eleven Grammy Awards, a Tony Award and other honors
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!