TikTok is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service
It's owned by ByteDance, a company from Beijing founded in 2012 by Zhang Yiming
Find more facts about TikTok below
|How old is TikTok in 2020? / Age: ||3 years|
|Where was TikTok founded?||Beijing, China|
|Headquarters:||Los Angeles, California, US|
What is TikTok? / Facts
- Applicability - TikTok is an app used to create short dance, lip-sync, comedy and talent videos.
The application allows users to create short music and lip-sync videos of 3 to 15 seconds and short looping videos of 3 to 60 seconds.
- Launch - The app was launched in 2017 for iOS and Android in markets outside of China.
- Chinese market adaptation - ByteDance first launched Douyin for the China market in September 2016.
TikTok and Douyin are similar to each other and essentially the same app, however they run on separate servers to comply with Chinese censorship restrictions.
- Accolades - TikTok was the most downloaded app in the US in October 2018, the first Chinese app to achieve this.
- Offices - in Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
- Social media stats as of June 2020:
- 25.8M followers on Instagram
- 183K subsribers on YouTube
- 855K followers on LinkedIn
- 16.5M followers on Facebook
TikTok Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 26 June 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!