- re:publica is a conference in Europe that deals with the Web 2
- 0, especially blogs, social media and information society
- It annually takes place in Berlin
- During three days talks and workshops about various topics are held, ranging from media and culture over politics and technology to entertainment
- All talks and discussions are streamed directly to the internet
- The conference is organized by the operators of the German blogs Spreeblick and netzpolitik
- org and is funded by Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg and Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung
- Re:publica stems from res publica which translates to "public matter"
- The first re:publica with the slogan "Leben im Netz" - Life in the internet - took place from 11 to 13 April 2007 and attracted about 700 visitors
- Over the years the event grew continually, with 5,000 international visitors and about 350 speakers in 2013
- Each year, different main focusses were set, for example data protection in 2008 and intellectual property rights and political aspects of internet usage in 2009
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Equinox, Invictus & OlympÃ©a Paco Rabanne, Timotei, Saba, Lewis & Pearl ScentShop, ModelCo, Tampax, Clarisonic, Acqua di Parma, Technogym