- William Albert "Bill" Dembski is an American mathematician, philosopher and theologian
|Born:||18 July 1960 Comment |
|How old is William A. Dembski in 2021? / Age: ||61 years
William A. Dembski facts
- A former proponent of intelligent design (ID), specifically the concept of specified complexity, he was previously a senior fellow of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture (CSC)
- On September 23, 2016 he announced his official retirement from intelligent design, resigning all his "formal associations with the ID community, including [his] Discovery Institute fellowship of 20 years
- In 2012, he taught as the Phillip E
- Johnson Research Professor of Science and Culture at the Southern Evangelical Seminary in Matthews, North Carolina near Charlotte
- Dembski has written books about intelligent design, including The Design Inference (1998), Intelligent Design: The Bridge Between Science & Theology (1999), The Design Revolution (2004), The End of Christianity (2009), and Intelligent Design Uncensored (2010)
- The concept of intelligent design involves the argument that an intelligent cause is responsible for the complexity of life and that one can detect that cause empirically
- Dembski postulated that probability theory can be used to prove irreducible complexity (IC), or what he called "specified complexity
- " The scientific community sees intelligent design—and Dembski's concept of specified complexity—as a form of creationism attempting to portray itself as science
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!