- British professional footballer, playing plays for Manchester United and the England national team
- He's the captain of both these teams
||Wayne Mark Rooney
|How tall is Wayne Rooney?
||176 cm / 5 ft 10 in
|When was Wayne Rooney born?
||24 October 1985
|How old is Wayne Rooney in 2020?
|Where was Wayne Rooney born?
||Croxteth, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much does Wayne Rooney worth?
Who is Wayne Rooney? / Facts
- He has played much of his career as a forward, but he has also been used in various midfield roles
- Aged nine, Rooney joined the youth team of Everton, for whom he made his professional debut in 2002 at the age of 16
- He spent two seasons at the Merseyside club, before moving to Manchester United for £25.6 million in the 2004 summer transfer window
- Since then, with Rooney in the team, United have won the Premier League five times, the UEFA Champions League once, the FIFA Club World Cup once, the FA Community Shield four times, the Football League Cup twice and the FA Cup once
- In September 2013, Rooney scored his 200th goal for Manchester United
- He is currently on 247 goals in all competitions, making him the club's second top goalscorer of all time
- His 194 Premier League goals make him the competition's second top scorer of all time, and he holds the record for most goals for one club in the Premier League, with 179 for Manchester United
- Rooney made his senior international debut in February 2003 aged 17, becoming the youngest player to represent England (a record since broken by Theo Walcott) and he is England's youngest ever goalscorer
- He played at UEFA Euro 2004 and scored four goals, briefly becoming the youngest goalscorer in the history of the European Championship
- Rooney has since featured at the 2006, 2010 and 2014 World Cups and is widely regarded as his country's best player
- He has won the England Player of the Year award four times, in 2008, 2009, 2014 and 2015
- With 53 goals in 118 international caps, Rooney is England's all-time record goalscorer and second most-capped player
- Along with David Beckham, Rooney is the most red carded player for England, having been sent off twice
- In 2009–10, Rooney was awarded the PFA Players' Player of the Year and the FWA Footballer of the Year
- He has won the Premier League Player of the Month award five times, a record only bettered by Steven Gerrard
- He came fifth in the vote for the 2011 FIFA Ballon d'Or and was named in the FIFPro World 11 for 2011
- Rooney has won the Goal of the Season award by the BBC's Match of the Day poll on three occasions, with his bicycle kick against rivals Manchester City winning the Premier League Goal of the 20 Seasons award