- Villavicencio is a city and municipality in Colombia, capital of Meta department, it was founded on April 6, 1840
- The city has approximately 495,200 inhabitants of urban population in 2016
- 1 The city is located at 4°08'N, 73°40'W, 75 km (about 45 m) southeast of the Colombian capital city of Bogotá (DC) by the Guatiquía River
- It is the most important commercial center in the Llanos Orientales (Eastern plains)
- It has a warm and humid climate, with average temperatures of 28 °C and 30 °C
- 2 It is affectionately called "Villavo" la bella
- Lying in a rural zone of tropical climate, Villavicencio is on the great Colombian-Venezuelan plain called Los Llanos, which is situated to the east of the Andes mountains
- Villavicencio is also called "La Puerta al Llano", or "The Gateway to the Plains", due to its location on the historical path from the Colombian interior to the vast savannas that lie between the Andes range and the Amazon rainforest
- Villavicencio's proximity to huge mountains and great plains make the city an example of Colombia's geodiversity
- Because it is located in the foothills of the Andes, the morning and evening breezes cool the city that is very hot for most of the day
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: United States Patent and Trademark Office, Hellenic Olympic Committee, Pennsylvania Lottery, Arquivo PÃºblico do Estado de SÃ£o Paulo, Public Health England, Correos de MÃ©xico, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, CNES, Singapore Civil Defence Force
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!