- Indian businessman and politician
Vijay Mallya Height
|How tall is Vijay Mallya?||170 cm / 5 ft 7 in|
|Born:||18 December 1955 Comment |
|How old is Vijay Mallya in 2021? / Age: ||65 years
|Where was Vijay Mallya born?||Kolkata, India|
Vijay Mallya Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Vijay Mallya worth?||$750,000,000
Who is Vijay Mallya? / Facts
- The son of businessman Vittal Mallya, he is the ex-chairman of United Spirits Ltd, the largest spirits company in India and continues to serve as Chairman of UB Group, an Indian conglomerate with interests in beverage alcohol, aviation infrastructure, real estate and fertiliser among others
- He has been the Chairman of Sanofi India (previously known as Hoechst AG and Aventis) as well as the Chairman of Bayer CropScience in India for over 20 years, in addition to being the Chairman of several other companies
- He recently announced that he shall retire from the chairmanship of Sanofi India
- Once called the "King of Good Times" due to his extravagant lifestyle, Mallya and his companies have been embroiled in financial scandals, and controversies since 2012
- Mallya left India on 2 March 2016 after saying he wanted to move to Britain to be closer to his children
- A group of 17 Indian banks are trying to collect approximately ₹9,000 crore (US$1
- 4 billion) in loans which Mallya has allegedly routed to gain 100% or a partial stake in about 40 companies across the world
- Investigative agencies, like Income Tax Department and Central Bureau of Investigation for charges including financial fraud and money laundering, and the Attorney General said that Mallya's assets abroad are "far in excess to loans taken by him"
- The 17 banks added a joint petition at the Supreme Court of India in March 2016 to try to prevent Mallya from leaving the country, but the Indian government indicated that he had already left
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 19 April 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!