- Victor Marie Hugo was a French poet, novelist, and dramatist of the Romantic movement
|Born:||26 February 1802 Comment |
|When did Victor Hugo die? / Died||22 May 1885|
|How many years did Victor Hugo live? / Lived||83 years|
Victor Hugo Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Victor Hugo worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Victor Hugo facts
- He is considered one of the greatest and best-known French writers
- In France, Hugo's literary fame comes first from his poetry and then from his novels and his dramatic achievements
- Among many volumes of poetry, Les Contemplations and La Légende des siècles stand high in critical esteem
- Outside France, his best-known works are the novels Les Misérables, 1862, and Notre-Dame de Paris, 1831 (known in English as The Hunchback of Notre-Dame)
- He produced more than 4,000 drawings, and also earned respect as a campaigner for social causes such as the abolition of capital punishment
- Though a committed royalist when he was young, Hugo's views changed as the decades passed, and he became a passionate supporter of republicanism; his work touches upon most of the political and social issues and the artistic trends of his time
- He is buried in the Panthéon
- His legacy has been honoured in many ways, including his portrait being placed on French franc banknotes
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!