- Vichy (/ˈvɪʃi/; French pronunciation: [viʃi]; is a city in the Allier department of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes in central France, in the historic province of Bourbonnais
- It is a spa and resort town and in World War II was the seat of government of Vichy France from 1940 to 1944
- The term Vichyste indicated collaboration with the Vichy regime, often carrying a pejorative connotation
- Today, the town's inhabitants are called Vichyssois
- Up until the 18th century they were more properly known as les Vichois which stems from the Occitan name of the town, Vichèi
- The writer Valery Larbaud uses the term Vicaldiens after the Ancient Roman Latin name for the community, aquae calidae (hot waters)
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Goldroom, Katatonia, Saltatio Mortis, Miranda!, JoÃ£o Pedro Pais, Alesana, Bob Seger, Kany GarcÃa, Noel Schajris, ZAZ