- Dame Vera Margaret Lynn CH DBE OStJ, widely known as "the Forces' Sweetheart", is an English singer, songwriter and actress
|Born:||20 March 1917 Comment |
|How old is Vera Lynn in 2022? / Age: ||104 years
|Where was Vera Lynn born?||East Ham, London, United Kingdom|
Vera Lynn Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Vera Lynn worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Vera Lynn facts
- Her musical recordings and performances were enormously popular during the Second World War
- During the war she toured Egypt, India, and Burma as part of ENSA, giving outdoor concerts for the troops
- The songs most associated with her are "We'll Meet Again", "The White Cliffs of Dover", "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" and "There'll Always Be an England"
- She remained popular after the war, appearing on radio and television in the UK and the US and recording such hits as "Auf Wiederseh'n Sweetheart" and her UK Number one single "My Son, My Son"
- Her last single, "I Love This Land", was released to mark the end of the Falklands War
- In 2009, at age 92, she became the oldest living artist to top the UK Albums Chart
- She has devoted much time and energy to charity work connected with ex-servicemen, disabled children, and breast cancer
- She is held in great affection by veterans of the Second World War to this day and in 2000 was named the Briton who best exemplified the spirit of the 20th century
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 03 February 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!