- British theatre, film and television director
|When was Trevor Nunn born?||14 January 1940 |
|How old is Trevor Nunn in 2020? ||80 years|
|Where was Trevor Nunn born?||Ipswich, United Kingdom|
Who is Trevor Nunn? / Facts
- He has been the Artistic Director for the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Royal National Theatre, and, currently, the Theatre Royal, Haymarket
- He has directed musicals and dramas for the stage, as well as opera
- His well-known musicals are Cats (1981) and Les Misérables (1985)
- His dramas include Nicholas Nickleby and Macbeth
- Nunn has been nominated for the Tony Award for Best Direction of a Musical, the Tony Award for Best Direction of a Play, the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Director, and the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Director of a Musical, winning the Tony Award (Musical) for Cats and Les Misérables and the Olivier Award for Summerfolk / The Merchant of Venice / Troilus and Cressida; and The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby
- The first big break was winning a scholarship to go to Cambridge University. I was very lucky, because my parents couldn't have afforded a university education for me. Without a scholarship I couldn't possibly have gone.
- If you can't fully believe in your ideas, it very quickly communicates to a group of actors who need something to hold onto. They need to believe that whatever criticism, whatever comment is received, is meant.
- In a way, I have to have a dictatorship. I can't be told that I'm wrong. That conflicts with what I was saying earlier about listening. It isn't to do with receiving criticism and responding to other views, it's who has that last decision.
- In my teens, I developed a passionate idolatry for a teacher of English literature. I wanted to do something that he would approve of more, so I thought I should be some sort of a scholar.
Trevor Nunn Social Media Accounts
Sharon Lee-Hill, Jesse Nunn, Amy Nunn, Laurie Nunn, Joshua Nunn