- British politician who served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1997 to 2007 and the Leader of the Labour Party from 1994 to 2007
|Real name:||Anthony Charles Lynton Blair|
Tony Blair Height
|How tall is Tony Blair?||182 cm / 6 ft 0 in|
|Born:||06 May 1953 Comment |
|How old is Tony Blair in 2021? / Age: ||68 years
|Where was Tony Blair born?||Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
Tony Blair Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Tony Blair worth?||$80,000,000
Who is Tony Blair? / Facts
- Together with United States President George W. Bush in 2003, he initiated the Iraq War with the invasion of Iraq, an act which remains highly controversial
- From 1983 to 2007, Blair was the Member of Parliament for Sedgefield and was elected Labour Party leader in July 1994, following the sudden death of his predecessor, John Smith
- Under Blair's leadership, the party used the phrase "New Labour", to distance it from previous Labour policies and the traditional conception of socialism
- Blair declared support for a new conception that he referred to as "social-ism", involving politics that recognised individuals as socially interdependent, and advocated social justice, cohesion, equal worth of each citizen, and equal opportunity
- Critics of Blair denounced him for having the Labour Party abandon genuine socialism and accepting capitalism
- Supporters, including the party's public opinion pollster Philip Gould, stated that after four consecutive general election defeats, the Labour Party had to demonstrate that it had made a decisive break from its left-wing past, in order to win an election again
- In May 1997, the Labour Party won a landslide general election victory, the largest in its history, allowing Blair, at 43 years old, to become the youngest Prime Minister since Lord Liverpool in 1812
- In September 1997, Blair attained early personal popularity, receiving a 93% public approval rating, after his public response to the death of Diana, Princess of Wales
- The Labour Party went on to win two more elections under his leadership: in 2001, in which it won another landslide victory, and in 2005, with a reduced majority
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Power without principle is barren, but principle without power is futile. This is a party of government, and I will lead it as a party of government.
I didn't come into politics to change the Labour Party. I came into politics to change the country.
Tony Blair Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 16 July 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!