- Thomas Matthew "Tom" DeLonge, Jr., is an American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, and film producer
- He is currently the guitarist and lead vocalist of the rock band Angels & Airwaves and was the guitarist and co-lead vocalist of the American rock band Blink-182 from 1992 to 2015
|Real name:||Thomas Matthew DeLonge, Jr.|
|Born:||13 December 1975 Comment |
|How old is Tom DeLonge in 2021? / Age: ||45 years
Who is Tom DeLonge? / Facts
- DeLonge grew up in the suburbs of Poway, California, where he embraced skateboarding at an early age
- DeLonge received his first guitar shortly thereafter and began writing original punk rock songs
- He formed Blink-182 with bassist Mark Hoppus and drummer Scott Raynor during his high school years
- The band created a following in the mid-1990s through independent releases and relentless touring, particularly in their home country and in Australia
- They signed to MCA Records in 1996 and their second album, Dude Ranch (1997), featured the hit single "Dammit"
- The group encountered bigger success with Enema of the State (1999), which featured three hit singles and went quadruple-platinum in the US, eventually selling upwards of 15 million copies worldwide
- Blink-182 scored a number one album with 2001's Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
- DeLonge experimented with post-hardcore music on Box Car Racer, which formed into a full-fledged band in 2002, but dissolved the following year
- Blink's eponymous fifth studio album (2003) reflected a change in tone within the group, which broke up in 2005 following internal tension, spearheaded by DeLonge
- In the aftermath of Blink-182's breakup, he formed Angels & Airwaves, which has since released five studio albums and has evolved into an "art project", encompassing various forms of media
- DeLonge reunited with Blink-182 in 2009, releasing new music and touring frequently, before parting ways with the band again in 2015
- In addition to his musical career, DeLonge also manages business ventures that he founded: Macbeth Footwear, and technology and design firm Modlife
- He helped score and produce the 2011 science fiction film Love, and has multiple film projects in development
- He has also expanded into writing, releasing a children's book, The Lonely Astronaut on Christmas Eve, in 2013
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 27 October 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!