- Takeshi Kitano is a Japanese comedian, television personality, director, actor, author, and screenwriter
|18 January 1947 Comment
|How old is Takeshi Kitano in 2024? / Age:
Takeshi Kitano Net worth 2024 (estimated)
|How much is Takeshi Kitano worth?
Takeshi Kitano facts
- While he is known primarily as a comedian and TV host in his native Japan, abroad he is known almost entirely for his filmwork
- With the exception of his works as a film director, he is known almost exclusively by the stage name Beat Takeshi (ビートたけし, Bīto Takeshi)
- Kitano rose to prominence in the 1970s as one half of the comedy duo Two Beat, before going solo and becoming one of the three biggest comedians in the country
- After several small acting roles, he made his directorial debut with 1989's Violent Cop and garnered international acclaim for Sonatine (1993)
- But he was not accepted as a director in Japan until Hana-bi won the Golden Lion in 1997
- In December 2016, it was announced that Kitano's first crime trilogy for the Outrage series would be completed in 2017 with Outrage: Final Chapter in post-production as of April 2017
- He has received critical acclaim for his idiosyncratic cinematic work, winning numerous awards with Japanese film critic Nagaharu Yodogawa having once d믭 him "the true successor" to influential filmmaker Akira Kurosawa
- Many of Kitano's films are dramas about yakuza gangsters or the police
- Described by critics as using an acting style that is highly deadpan or a camera style that approaches near-stasis, Kitano often uses long takes where little appears to be happening, or editing that cuts immediately to the aftermath of an event
- Many of his films express a bleak or nihilistic philosophy, but they are also filled with humor and affection for their characters
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Wiki & wealth sources: Wikipedia, TMDb, social media accounts, users content, wealth specialized websites
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!