- Stephen Orr Spurrier is a former American football player and coach
|Born:||20 April 1945 Comment |
|How old is Steve Spurrier in 2021? / Age: ||76 years
Steve Spurrier facts
- Spurrier served as the head coach of three college and two professional teams
- He was also a standout college football player, and spent a decade playing professionally in the National Football League (NFL)
- Spurrier retired from coaching in 2015 and now serves as an ambassador and consultant for the University of Florida's athletic department
- Spurrier was born in Miami Beach, Florida and grew up in Tennessee, where he was a multi-sport, all-state athlete in high school
- He is a graduate of the University of Florida, where he was the Florida Gators' starting quarterback for three seasons
- Spurrier won the Heisman Trophy in his senior season of 1966, was a consensus All-American in both 1965 and 1966; and he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a player in 1986
- Spurrier was drafted in the first round (third overall) of the 1967 NFL draft by the San Francisco 49ers, and played mainly as a backup quarterback and punter from 1967 to 1975
- In 1976, the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded for Spurrier, and he was the team's starting quarterback for most of their inaugural season
- After retiring as a player, Spurrier returned to the college game in 1978 as an offensive assistant at Florida under head coach Doug Dickey
- Dickey and his entire staff were fired after the season, and Spurrier served as the quarterbacks coach at Georgia Tech in 1979 under head coach Pepper Rodgers, who was also fired after the season
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!