- Shane Keith Warne is an Australian former international cricketer, widely regarded as one of the best bowlers in the history of the game
|Born:||13 September 1969 Comment |
|How old is Shane Warne in 2021? / Age: ||51 years
Shane Warne facts
- He was named one of the Wisden Cricketers of the Year in the 1994 Wisden Cricketers' Almanack
- He was the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World 1997 (Notional Winner)
- He was named Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World for the year 2004 in 2005 Wisden Cricketers' Almanack
- In 2000, he was selected by a panel of cricket experts as one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Century, the only specialist bowler selected in the quintet and the only one still playing at the time
- He is also a cricket commentator and a professional poker player
- He officially retired from all formats in July 2013
- Warne played his first Test match in 1992, and took over 1000 international wickets (in Tests and One-Day Internationals), second to this milestone after Sri Lanka's Muttiah Muralitharan
- Warne's 708 Test wickets was the record for the most wickets taken by any bowler in Test cricket, until it was also broken by Muralitharan on 3 December 2007
- A useful lower-order batsman, Warne also scored over 3000 Test runs, and he holds the record for most Test runs without a century
- His career was plagued by scandals off the field; these included a ban from cricket for testing positive for a prohibited substance, charges of bringing the game into disrepute by accepting money from bookmakers, and sexual indiscretions
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 02 April 2021
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!