- Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Model, Choreographer, Record Producer
||Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
|How tall is Shakira?
||157 cm / 5 ft 2 in
|| 53 kg / 117 lbs
|When was Shakira born?
||02 February 1977
|How old is Shakira in 2020?
|Where was Shakira born?
Net worth 2019 (estimated)
|How much does Shakira worth?
||Brown naturally, dyed blonde.
Who is Shakira? / Facts
- Shakira means "grateful" or "full of grace" in Arabic (his father has Lebanese ancestry)
- She won 3rd place at the Festival Vina del Mar, representing Columbia
- Her grandmother taught her the belly dance
- Her first album came out at 13
- We could have seen her in the movie "The Mask of Zorro" (1998), but she declined as her English wasn't good enough at that time
- She speaks Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, Italian and English
- A 5m iron statue is raised in her honor in Barranquilla, his birthplace
- She's a big fan of Gloria Estefan
- Born and raised in Barranquilla, she began performing in school, demonstrating Latin American, Arabic, and rock and roll influences and belly dancing abilities
- Shakira released her first studio albums, Magia and Peligro, in the early 1990s, failing to attain commercial success; however, she rose to prominence in Latin America with her major-label debut, Pies Descalzos (1996), and her fourth album, Dónde Están los Ladrones? (1998)
- Shakira entered the English-language market with her fifth album, Laundry Service
- Its lead single, "Whenever, Wherever", became the best-selling single of 2002
- Her success was solidified with her sixth and seventh albums Fijación Oral, Vol. 1 and Oral Fixation, Vol 2 (2005), the latter of which spawned one of the best-selling songs of the 21st century, "Hips Don't Lie"
- Shakira's eighth and ninth albums, She Wolf (2009) and Sale el Sol (2010), received critical praise
- Her official song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)", became the biggest-selling World Cup song of all time
- With over a billion views, it is one of the most-watched music videos on YouTube
- Since 2013, Shakira has served as a coach on the American version of The Voice, having appeared in two of its seven seasons—fourth and sixth
- Her tenth album, Shakira (2014), is preceded by its lead single, "Can't Remember to Forget You"
- Shakira has won many awards, including five MTV Video Music Awards, two Grammy Awards, eight Latin Grammy Awards, seven Billboard Music Awards, 28 Billboard Latin Music Awards and has been Golden Globe-nominated
- She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and has sold between 70 and 125 million records worldwide (depending on the source), making her one of the best selling Latin artists of all time
- She carries out well-known philanthropic activities through charity work most notably through her Pies Descalzos Foundation
- In 2014, she was listed as the 58th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes
- La Ensenanza School, Barranquilla
- History of Western Civilization (UCLA Extensions summer class)
- My team and I have reunited two elements that coexist with difficulty: respect and affection, because when they love you they don't respect you and when they respect you they don't love you
- You can't achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice
- I was five years old; I got addicted to being on stage. I felt like it was the most wonderful place on Earth, performing in front of an audience, who in this case were a bunch of classmates, kids my age
- The truth is that I'm more afraid of marriage than of death
- In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it
- I know what it's like to feel that fear and the need of affirmation and appreciation. To build confidence in yourself is the toughest thing